What is included:
High performance T-shirt
Refreshment stations along the course
10K of fun
*This race is open to runners age 12 and older
Check in and race packet pick-up will be between 1-4 PM and 6-9 PM on Friday, July 6th, at our base area/staging tent in Vik.
10K runners may have the opportunity to check-in and pick up their packets between 8-10 AM on Saturday, July 7th, however, it is strongly encouraged that those runners check in during the available times above on July 6th if possible.
There will not be an official pre or post race dinner, however, there are wonderful restaurant and vendor offerings within walking distance in Vik.
The pre-race briefing is mandatory for marathon and 100K runners and will take place from 5-6 PM on Friday, July 6th at our base area in Vik. The briefing is optional but strongly encouraged for 10K runners to orient themselves with their course markings and to take advantage of all the festivities taking place over the weekend.
At the briefing we will discuss the weather warnings, check-in and out of aid stations, following course markings and our policy on littering. Additionally we will talk about the other fun-filled events occurring this weekend for anyone wanting to join the Iceland Race Community.
Details for the weekend's music, food, vendors, beer and other fun activities coming soon.
Detailed race description and course map coming soon.
Exact start time to be announced.
Individual racing bibs will be picked up at check-in.
All runners must securely fasten his or her racing bib so that it is readily visible on one’s chest or back for the duration of the race.
DO NOT LOSE YOUR RACE BIB! It cannot be replaced due to chip timing purposes.
Every finisher will receive an award.
The top 3 finishers for each division will receive special awards.
There will be a fully stocked refreshment station at the midpoint of the course.
Runners are expected to be self-supportive with their own water and nutrition between the stations.
Please be sure to include any health conditions on your registration form so our racing staff can best prepare to handle any emergency situation.
Prepare for any and every weather situation.
The race will take place under sun, rain, snow, wind or anything in between.
There will be an extended cut-off time of 4hrs to ensure runners of all levels can finish the course.
We strongly encourage everyone from walkers to elite runners to participate at this distance.
No littering at any point during the course. Our commitment is to leave the land/trails cleaner than when we arrived.
Pacers will not be allowed for any distance. (10K, Marathon, 100K)
10K runners do not need to bring a drop bag. There will be one fully stocked refreshment station at the midpoint of the course.
Runners may leave luggage and personal items at the staging area with race staff for the duration of the race. Alpine High Events and its affiliates maintain no responsibility for any items, money or valuables, however, luggage will be guarded to the best extent possible.
Conditions of Participation
In order to participate, it is essential that every individual runner:
- Has read, acknowledges and understands all the rules and regulations for the race and agrees to abide by them all without reservation.
- Understands the physical and mental demands of the length of his or her specific race and has trained and prepared accordingly.
- Is knowledgeable in the principle of self-autonomy (also known as the partial self-support principle) and is willing and able to abide by this principle throughout the race. This includes carrying one’s own supplies they need for support between the refreshment stations
- Understands that he or she participates in the entire event at his or her own responsibility, including when receiving assistance from race staff.
- Every runner agrees that Alpine High Events and their affiliates are not responsible for the participant’s physical, mental or financial health in any circumstance including during the race and other related events or in immediate connection with such.
- Will not seek any outside assistance or support from those other than race staff, except in the case of emergency.
- Each participant is permitted to and encouraged to assist other participants as necessary for the safety of themselves and others.
- Will not hold Alpine High Events or their affiliates responsible for any external/outside influence on him or herself such as a natural disaster, meteorological conditions, transportation, the actions of third parties, or any other unexpected event that could occur.
- Agrees to refrain from littering at any point on the course.
- Is willing to be courteous to other racers, volunteers, organizers and staff and to act with due consideration to the safety and well being of the other participants.
There will be a lost-and-found center for all items found during the race and immediately after. Please bring any found items during this time to this location. The lost-and-found will be located at the staging area in Vik.